Apart from the medical and aeronautic industry, ACNIS International is active through its wide range of products in many other industrial sectors, such as:
- chemical and petrochemical
- boiler making
- ultrasonic systems
- surface finishing
- bar turning
- jewellery and clock-making
- sport (F1, golf, cycling, mountaineering, etc.)
ACNIS International stocks the titanium grades required by these sectors. The material is most often found in wire, bar, sheet or plate.
As a result of the sharp increase in consumption of titanium dioxide (TiO2) by the pigment industry (paint and textiles) and fluctuation of demands in the aeronautics sector, the price of titanium varies at different times and according to the demand.
The grades most commonly used in industry are:
– Titanium grade 2 is the most commonly used grade for industrial applications. This grade offers a good balance of ductility/cold formability and mechanical strength. It also shows excellent weldability and very good corrosion resistance in highly oxidising environments.
– Titanium grade 5, also known as Ti6Al4V (or TA6V) the most widely used ALPHA-BETA alloy in the titanium industry. It is heat treatable in sections up to 25 mm. It can be used up to 400°C and is suitable for casting. Many other alloys are derivatives of TA6V. Widely used in many industrial applications, TA6V is also extensively used in the aeronautics sector.
In addition, ACNIS International offers other grades, such as grade 1 and grade 4, as well as other titanium alloys.